- This event has passed.
LACONI Admin. Program -Human Resources Legal Updates for Libraries
September 20 @ 9:15 am - 12:00 pm
Presenters from Sikich will examine the latest developments in the world of HR and how to protect your organization.
Topics covered will include:
• Wage and Hour focus that’s not going away very soon
• Managing Leaves and the complications therein
• Auditing I-9’s and why that’s time well-spent
• Where the Affordable Care Act is going
• Why you really need an employee handbook and what to include
• Best practices in performance management and communications
Employment law continues to be very fluid so they will look into their crystal ball at other upcoming changes and additions that we need to be aware of and share those with us.
Optional catered lunch is available for a fee of $15.00 for member libraries or $25.00 for non-member libraries. Register by September 16, with Eventbrite to pay online or submit a check with September 2013 Program Flier.